AIRO has grown rapidly in recent years and has over 2,200 members, representing all owners from the smallest syndicate member to the highest profile owners in Ireland.
- AIRO's objectives include:
- advancing the position of owners in Ireland;
- maintaining and improving prizemoney levels;
- To utilise it's participation on the race programmes committees to produce a fixture list and race programme that meets the requirement of all categories of owners and their horses.
- improving owners' rights including increasing owners' access cards and securing better owners' facilities;
- using our collective strength to influence decision makers in HRI/Government;
- securing further benefits for members.
- The Association is governed by a Council consisting of 10 members.
- The Council meets three monthly or on a required basis to consider important issues which effect Racehorse Owners.
- AIRO represents Irish Racehorse Owners through its position on:
- HRI's 12 member board;
- Flat and National Hunt Programming Committees.
- The day to day running of AIRO is carried out by Regina Byrne, Manager, from offices in the ITBA building in Kill.
- Funding for the operation of AIRO comes entirely from membership subscriptions of €100 per annum.