COMPANY - THE DETAILS
A company can register as an owner subject to approval by Horse Racing Ireland. Some owners decide to race under their company name for tax and promotional reasons.
The company name will appear as the owner on the race-card and have a Horse Racing Owner Account opened under the company name. A registered agent, usually a company director or secretary, must be appointed to carry out administrative duties with Horse Racing Ireland, on behalf of the company. The nominated agent must become a registered owner.
The company registration fee of €550 is additional to the minimum opening balance of €1,000 and a company may take up to 4 weeks to register. The company must be registered with the Companies Registrar Office
COMPANY - REGISTRATION
To register as a company, please download and complete the Owner Registration Form
This form needs to be completed in full by either a company director or secretary and returned (via email is fine) with a photocopy of the company director’s or secretary’s passport/drivers licence that confirms the name, address, date of birth & signature submitted on the form.
In addition to the owner registration form, the following documentation must be submitted when applying to register:
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation.
- Copy of Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- Details of shareholders & directors of the company, including addresses. In the case of a public limited company, shareholders names & addresses are not required.
- Copy of Minute certifying appointment of a Registered Agent. This must be issued under seal and the Registered Agent should be a representative of the company, i.e. company secretary or company director. A recognised Company shall only be entitled to exercise the powers of an owner through its Registered Agent.
- Copy of the latest Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account.
- Letter to guarantee that annual accounts will be supplied when requested.
- A1/B1 form (available from company registrar)
Return the Company Papers form to Horse Racing Ireland via post or email (email@example.com) with the minimum opening balance of €1,000.