The AIRO were naturally extremely disappointed but understanding to hear that owners would not be allowed to attend race meetings on Monday 20th July as was previously indicated. This follows yesterday evening's announcement by Government whereby the upcoming reopening phase would postpone the limit on outdoor gatherings increasing to 500 until August 10th.
We wish to assure our members that at the first appropriate opportunity we will endeavour to ensure that owners are allowed to return to racing in order to enjoy watching their horses run. Thereafter we will work to explore the most innovative ways to enhance the experience which will naturally be very different to that experienced by owners before this crisis.
Horse Racing Ireland have released important information for the return to racecourse of owners. Please note, HRI have confirmed that the intended date of July 20th for the return of owners to racecourses has been delayed to the deferral of the Government roadmap.