AIRO were delighted with the announcement last Friday that Owners were given the green light to return racing. It was just rewards for owners who have been steadfast in their support of Irish racing and the tireless efforts of our HRI Rep Caren Walsh and the office at AIRO who fought hard on your behalf.
We were given a list of HRI protocols and will outline below the various steps to make your return to the racetrack as seamless as possible. Owners must register on the IHRB screening website and apply for race day access each time they have a runner. Please note if you registered with the IHRB to attend a race meeting in 2020 your registration will still be valid.
All owners must register with IHRB to gain admission:
First Time Registration
• If you have a smart phone, download the IHRB Health Screening app – IHRB Racecourse Access Pass – and hit Register button. If you do not have a smart phone the screening can also carried out through their website www.medical-ihrb.com.
• You will be required to provide contact details, upload a passport type photograph, and complete a short medical questionnaire. Please note each attendee (e.g. fellow owner, syndicate member, wife, husband etc.) must complete the online health screening and use their own mobile number and email address, the same number or email address cannot be registered twice.
• Once registration has been completed successfully a message saying your application is in review will appear. You do not need to do anything else at this stage, your barcode for racing will be sent to the App and your email once approved.
Please note: first time registration will allow you access to racing the next day. If you are registering in advance, please ignore barcode received and apply as usual the day before you are due to go racing.
Daily Race Day Application
If registered already owners can use the app IHRB Racecourse Access Pass to register for a race day pass. In order to receive a barcode for racing:
• Owners must apply by 11pm the previous day. After answering all the relevant questions, your status will be ‘in review’ or ‘pending’ which means the application was successful and you will receive a code in time for racing once approved.
• Two admissions per horse will be permitted, for example if you have two runners four people can attend. Children can attend but will count towards the total admission per owner
• All attendees will be required, without exception, to complete the online health screening.
The Barcodes will be sent by email to the registered email address and to your Racecourse Access Pass app on completion of the health screening questionnaire.
Race Day Expectations
Owners should be cognisant that the race day experience will be vastly different from what they are used to with many restrictions as all attendees must comply with Government and HSE Guidelines and HRI Protocols.
• Owners must bring along their unique barcode with AIR Card and Photo ID to the race meeting and will be subject to a thermal screening on arrival.
• Social Distance (2 Metres) & face coverings will apply for all attendees
• There will be no indoor access for owners
• There will be a designated briefing area for your trainer/jockey to meet you outside the parade ring before and after your race, please note the jockey may be required to weigh in first and return for consultation.
• Winning owners are allowed to access the parade ring to welcome their horse back to the winning enclosure and for the presentation.
• Outdoor refreshments will be available and owners are welcome to stay on course for the duration of the day
There is a help desk available for owners support to answer any questions you may have on 045 455601. It is open from Mon – Fri from 10am to 4pm and on Weekends and Bank Holidays from 10am to 1pm.